In the 3rd Qrt of 2011, CSCMP’s Supply Chain Quarterly ran an article by Simon Bragg, Richard Stone, and Julian Van Geersdaele discussing the 7 signs you need a redesign.
Here are the 7 signs from their article:
- You have objectives rather than strategies
- People ask: Why do we do things this way?
- The number of customers and products is growing faster than your budget
- Consolidation or collaboration is coming
- You experience a major service failure
- Fear is in the air
- It’s time to renew a third-party logistics contract
These are all good reasons and the article can be a nice reference for you.